Status of Jaguar support?

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Wed Jun 27 21:16:28 PDT 2007

On 28/06/2007, at 05:33, Blair Zajac wrote:

> Definitely agree on keeping support for older operating systems in
> the Portfiles.

That gets my agreement as well.  I remember getting Darwinports (as
it then was) working on Jaguar by installing Tcl/TkAqua [1] on the
iBook that I then had -- that took care of the Tcl 8.4.x features
that Darwinports itself required, as Jaguar shipped with Tcl 8.3.x
[2].  As long as we continue to provide the other shims like cups-
headers and dlcompat, I don't think that there should be much
impediment to MacPorts continuing to work on Jaguar, albeit
unofficially.

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

[1] http://tcltkaqua.sourceforge.net/