MacPorts guide & Wiki

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Wed Jun 27 21:34:59 PDT 2007

On 28/06/2007, at 04:16, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:

> On Jun 27, 2007, at 5:38 AM, Randall Wood wrote:

>>> Why is that a good idea?
>>
>> 1)	It is eating our own dog food.
>
> 	Building MacPorts off the MacPorts Portfile is definitely eating
> our own dog food... and I can tell you it tastes good! ;-)

Not only that, but it means that you can have the official
documentation with you while you're offline, and that can be
surprisingly useful for a multitude of reasons (or even a potential
lifesaver if you need to fix something and your networking is broken
-- or just ran out of money on casual wireless overseas).

I'll have a think and tinker with the three documentation packaging
suggestions from Juan, and let you all know if/when it gets anywhere.

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--
Boey Maun Suang (Boey is my surname)