Release 1.5 branch created

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Sat Jun 30 17:32:16 PDT 2007

On Jun 30, 2007, at 4:36 PM, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:

> On Jun 30, 2007, at 12:20 PM, Blair Zajac wrote:
>
>> Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:
>>>    Evening everyone!
>>>    I finally created the release_1_5 branch wherefrom we'll start
>>> cutting the 1.5.x releases, really soon now I hope! For those
>>> willing to help around in sanitizing, please reinstall off this
>>> branch and test as thoroughly as posible, reporting any findings
>>> you may come by. I'll rework the roadmap to move open tickets in
>>> the 1.4 milestone to 1.5, as well as those that were fixed in it
>>> but not released to users (committed to trunk, which as of r26608
>>> is the same as release1_5) but not to the release_1_4 branch. Any
>>> new ticket on the base component should be submitted to the 1.5
>>> milestone, consider 1.4 closed!
>>>    As said previously, I'm mainly interested in reports on
>>> upgrading existing 1.4.x installations to 1.5 through any mean
>>> (selfupdate, make, binary -- I know there's no dmg up yet, but
>>> you can always build your own ;-). Even though I haven't received
>>> a single one to date (and supposedly "no news is good news), I'd
>>> still love to hear whatever you, the tester, have to say about it.
>>>    Thanks to all for the help and attention, thanks to those
>>> who've put so much into improving the MacPorts core! Regards,...
>>
>> Juan,
>>
>> You should set up svnmerge.py on the new branch to pull any
>> commits on trunk easily.
>>
>> http://www.orcaware.com/svn/wiki/Svnmerge.py
>

> 	Thanks for the suggestion, will look into it (though... the code
> in the branch already spent a long testing time in trunk, so I'd
> say 1.5 it's pretty much ready to go and therefore we might not
> have much to merge in... but I'll look into svnmerge.py just in
> case ;-)
>
> 	I'm in a bit of a rush at the moment so I'd love it if you could
> point me to a jump-start crash course on svnmerge.py, if it exists
> (or if you can make one up on the fly ;-). Otherwise I'll look into
> it and figure it out a bit later, maybe tomorrow with more time.

The page isn't very long and it's really the only page that exists
for it.  There's one step on the branch

$ svnmerge.py init
$ svn commit -F svnmerge-commit-message.txt

And then if there's a commit on trunk

$ svnmerge.py merge
$ svn commit -F svnmerge-commit-message.txt

Much easier then keeping track of revision numbers :)

I would just suggest setting it up before doing any merges.

Regards,
Blair