MacPorts: extracting to multiple locations

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Thu Mar 1 08:40:26 PST 2007

John Ridgway wrote:
> Friends -
> I'm working on a cleanup of the xemacs PortFile - splitting it into
> xemacs and xemacs-beta, and ensuring that without the sumo option you
> still get the base packages.  In doing this I'm discovering that I need
> to extract different distribution files into different places in the
> build tree.  Is there a standard way to do this, or can somebody point
> me to another port that does something similar?
>
> Peace
> - John

Hi John,

I don't know the answer to your question, but I've been helping out on
that package, so if you could email me the new Portfile before
committing it to check it out, I would appreciate it.

BTW, I think we have a standard of naming beta ports with -devel and not
-beta, as I can't find a single Port with the string beta in it.

Regards,
Blair

--
Blair Zajac, Ph.D.