sqlobject 0.8.0

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Mar 5 16:10:30 PST 2007

On Mar 5, 2007, at 08:39, Giulio Eulisse wrote:

> I've updated the sqlobject port to 0.8.0 in my private area. What's
> the preferred way of submitting a patch?

Create a ticket in Trac. Attach the patch to the ticket. Then send an
email to this list telling us the ticket number so that someone will
know to go look at it.

> Is there any "port" command that creates the patch for me?

I don't think so. If you have checked out your ports tree using
Subversion, you can use "svn diff" to get a diff of your changes, and
submit that. If not, you can make a copy of your portfile before
making changes (cp Portfile Portfile.orig), then make your changes,
then get a diff between the original and your changed one (diff -u
Portfile.orig Portfile) and submit that.

> Is the "port submit" command supported at all?

I don't know. I hadn't heard of "port submit" before.