build glib2 universal binary on PPC

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Mar 5 23:00:10 PST 2007

On Mar 6, 2007, at 00:00, Elias Pipping wrote:

> I hate to break it to you but I guess glib2 will have to go to the
> same steps as openssl:

I have to agree with the earlier post in another thread that the
openssl port has become quite a mess with this universal stuff, and I
think it would be wiser if no other ports copied that code. Copying
code means you've missed a chance for creating a reusable function.
Someone who understands all of what was written in the openssl port
(and I don't, because I just glanced at it) should figure out how to
make useful reusable functions that can be incorporated into the base
of MacPorts, rather than duplicate most of it in several other ports,
each time making ultimate cleanup of the situation more involved.