New and update math/science ports

Kevin Ballard eridius at macports.org
Sun Mar 11 07:33:46 PDT 2007

On Mar 11, 2007, at 10:03 AM, Takeshi Enomoto wrote:

>> The ones which are updates to existing ports, have you emailed the
>> maintainer of said port?
>
> I did as you suggested. What about those ports written by
> nomaintainer at macports.org?

Those are free game for anybody to commit to (and, ideally, take over
maintainership).

> Then could you change as follows?
>
> #11519 octave-forge enhancement
> #11512 odcctools enhancement
> #11516 cdo-1.0.6 enhancement
>
> Please set priorities of octave-forge and odcctools to Nice to have.

Done

> Could someone tell me how portfiles are reviewed?
> Will someone commit it if it is OK?

In general the best way to do this is to submit tickets, and email
the maintainer about them. If the maintainer doesn't respond in 3
days, or if there is no maintainer, email this list with the tickets
(be sure to state the maintainer didn't respond after 3 days if
that's the case).. Generally somebody looks at the tickets and
commits them if they're fine, or tells you what's wrong if they aren't.

--
Kevin Ballard
http://kevin.sb.org
eridius at macports.org