port outdated is acting funny

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Wed Mar 14 16:40:13 PDT 2007

On Feb 26, 2007, at 10:22 PM, Yves de Champlain wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am working on e17 stuff and here is what happened after installing
> evas 0.9.9.037 while the Portindex refenrence  is still at 0.9.9.010 :
>
> Bilbo:~/macports/dports yves$ port outdated
> The following installed ports are outdated:
> evas                           0.9.9.037_0 < 0.9.9.010_0
>
> yves

	Hello Yves! Are you still seeing this behavior? It could be either a
bug in Pextlib's rpm-vercomp() function (maybe not properly handling
4-tuple version numbers?) that port(1) calls to perform the actual
version comparison between installed and distributed ports (most
likely), or a bug in the action_updated proc in port(1) itself that
sets up the comparison in the first place (less likely).

	Please test with 1.4-rc2 sources and if it's still a problem file a
ticket about it assigned to the 1.4 milestone, thanks!

	Regards,...

-jmpp