Pallet

Randall Wood rhwood at mac.com
Wed Mar 14 18:40:36 PDT 2007

On 14 Mar 2007, at 03:55, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:

> On Mar 13, 2007, at 9:11 PM, Randall Wood wrote:
>
>> Kevin: THANKS FOR ALL THE FIXES!
>>
>> Everybody else: Kevin did a number of small fixes on Pallet that
>> improved stability, speed, and maintainability. (Pallet is a GUI
>> for MacPorts still in its infancy.)
>>
>> Sometimes it feels like it would be nice to know what I am doing.

It means that I picked up an old O'Rielly book and taught myself Obj-
C in my spare time and that I can only noodle along so well...

> 	Hey Randall! I'm not too sure what you're trying to say with that
> last line, but in any case I've been meaning to write to you
> expressing my personal opinion encouraging you on the Pallet
> endeavor, MacPorts could really benefit from a Mac OS X native GUI!

Thank you for the encouragement...

> 	MacPorts formally endorsing it would imply a few things like
> testing its look, feel & functionality, but I'm aware that's still
> a long way off since Pallet is still in its infancy. Unfortunately
> until then I can't speak formally with my portmgr hat on, but at
> least for now I can assure you you have my support to help you
> pursue such endorsement. Is there anything in particular I could do
> to help...? (other than delving into the sources, since my Cocoa
> skills are nil ;-)

How does CFLib in the base/src directory get used?

Is the old dp_cocoa code available anywhere?

> 	Regards,...
>

> -jmpp

Randall Wood
rhwood at mac.com

"The rules are simple: The ball is round. The game lasts 90 minutes.
All the
rest is just philosophy."