Students: MacPorts approved for Google Summer of Code 2007

James Berry jberry at macports.org
Thu Mar 15 08:27:14 PDT 2007

I'm very pleased to announce that MacPorts has been selected by
Google as an organizational member of Google Summer of Code 2007.
This means that students may apply to work on MacPorts projects
through the Summer of Code program sponsored by google. Compensation
for completion of a project is $4500 to the student, and $500 to
MacPorts.

I can say that I, and the other members of the MacPorts portmgr team
and community, are excited by this opportunity to improve MacPorts
while also welcoming new contributors to the MacPorts ecosystem.

For more information, please see the MacPorts tracking page for
summer of code: http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/wiki/
SummerOfCode.

We encourage qualified and interested students to apply!

James