port should not complain about +universal, CFLAGS/LDFLAGS, configure.universal_cflags-append/configure.universal_ldflags-append

Elias Pipping pipping at macports.org
Sun Mar 18 03:52:45 PDT 2007

Let's wait for official support of +universal with that...

eventually the whole if clause will be gone anyway.

I mean really, there's worse problems than obsolete warnings,
especially with gettext. e.g. gettext +universal is somehow
incomplete: all the libasprintf-related files are missing completely.
diff the results of port contents with and without +universal and see
for yourself (ideas, patches appreciated)

see also http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~pipping/macports/universal for
a list of such problems.

Regards

Elias