malloc

Vincent Lefevre vincent-opdarw at vinc17.org
Tue Mar 20 05:44:48 PDT 2007

On 2007-03-20 03:46:42 -0400, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:
> On Mar 19, 2007, at 10:29 PM, Yves de Champlain wrote:
> >However, configure will always fail looking for malloc.h, so
> >wouldn't it be a good idea to have macports install a dummy
> >malloc.h ?

> 	I personally don't think this is a good solution (first of
> all, to what particular problem?). If a configure script is failing
> upon not finding malloc.h I'd say that's a problem with the software
> and should be reported to its authors (upstream, not MacPorts).

I agree with you. And I think that the dummy malloc.h should be
removed from the cgilib port, in particular because it leads to
build failure for calc:

  http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/11093

(the configure script detects the presence of the dummy malloc.h
provided by the cgilib port, then the build fails because of this,
for an unknown reason).

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>