install prefix

Landon Fuller landonf at macports.org
Tue Mar 27 16:44:47 PDT 2007

On Mar 27, 2007, at 14:37, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> No... MacPorts just needs to write some things in /Library/Tcl/
> darwinports1.0, that's all. But I don't know why it thinks it needs
> to do that.

MacPorts uses the system-supplied Tcl interpreter, and /Library/Tcl
is the standard location for application-provided Tcl packages. This
was originally done to allow API clients that were not installed with
DarwinPorts --  such as original PortsManager -- to find the
darwinports1.0 libraries without hard-coding a prefix.

-landonf