lynx port

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at fastmail.fm
Fri Mar 30 00:50:47 PDT 2007

>>> Nope, I've just tried and it works perfectly.
>>
>> Looks like the problem is gd2 (which installes /opt/local/include/
>> entities.h, as LYCharSets.c needs unicode_entities defined as in
>> src/chartrans/entities.h).
>
> I can confirm that... without gd2, lynx installs fine. With gd2
> installed, I see the errors above.
>
> So how to we fix this?

I think the problem is that, at least under MacPorts 1.4, -I/opt/
local/include appears before -I./chrtrans (the location of the
entities.h that lynx actually wants) in the gcc command that causes
the failure:

gcc  -I/opt/local/include  -U_XOPEN_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 -
DSIGWINCH=28 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -DLOCALEDIR=\"/opt/local/share/locale\"
-I. -I.. -Ichrtrans -I./chrtrans -I.. -I../src -I../WWW/Library/
Implementation   -O2  -c ./LYCharSets.c

(So the entities.h from gd2 gets included instead of the one that
comes with lynx.)

If -I/opt/local/include is being inserted there by the MacPorts code
(I don't yet understand it well enough to tell), I reckon that this
would be something we'd want to fix.  In any case, I found that
replacing line 873 in src/LYCharSets.c:

#include <entities.h>

with

#include "chrtrans/entities.h"

works at the moment.  As I'm not sure whether or not this is more a
problem with the MacPorts code, though, I don't feel comfortable
filing it as a bugfix.  Any feedback would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--
Boey Maun Suang (Boey is my surname)