Fixed-width font in commit mails?

markd at macports.org markd at macports.org
Tue May 1 18:11:44 PDT 2007

Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> on Tuesday, May 1, 2007 at 5:48 PM
-0800 wrote:

>>> It's just the SVN::Notify perl module, so it's easy :)
>>>
>>> ... but I just created a macports port for it (p5-svn-notify), so
>>> you should be able to install it from macports soon.
>>
>> Thanks, Daniel. I've tried installing perl modules myself before,
>> outside of MacPorts, and have always been rather incompetent. And,
>> see, installing p5-svn-notify ended up installing 16 other p5
>> ports. So I'm glad that went smoothly. Now I'll look into setting
>> it up.
>
>Ok. I'm trying to set it up. I don't have a local SMTP server so I
>want to use a remote one. So I'm using the options --smtp, --smtp-
>user and --smtp-pass. But I don't seem to have the required modules
>to do this:
>
>Can't locate Net/SMTP_auth.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /opt/local/lib/
>perl5/5.8.8/darwin-2level /opt/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8 /opt/local/lib/
>perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/darwin-2level /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/
>5.8.8 /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl /opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/
>5.8.8/darwin-2level /opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8 /opt/local/
>lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at /opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/
>SVN/Notify.pm line 2047.
>
>Using "port search p5" and "port search smtp" I can't find this Net/
>SMTP_auth.pm. Is it available via MacPorts? If not, can it be made
>available?

Oops, sent with wrong address again.  Resending minus CC's
------

See if this has what you need:

p5-net

I created that recently and it has SMTP stuff in it and is listed on CPAN
as Net::SMTP.  I called it p5-net because FreeBSD did that, there are a
lot of non-mail modules, and there are quite a few libraries listed on
CPAN listed as Net::SMTP:XXX (none of which are ported.)  If it isn't that
one you'll need to find the right one on CPAN and port it.

Mark