Fixed-width font in commit mails?

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Wed May 2 14:30:00 PDT 2007

On May 2, 2007, at 4:07 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> So I made a new port, p5-net-smtp_auth. This is my first perl
> module port so I hope I got it all right. svnnotify seems to work
> now. Still, I'd appreciate it if a p5 expert would look over the
> new port and make any necessary corrections.
>
> http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/browser/trunk/dports/
> perl/p5-net-smtp_auth/Portfile
>
> Daniel, I think p5-net-smtp_auth should be added as a dependency to
> p5-svn-notify;

the Net::SMTP_auth module isn't needed for SVN::Notify (unless you
want/need to use SMTP auth)... but it probably doesn't make the build
take too long, so I'll go ahead and add it to the p5-svn-notify port.

> this is what I get now when I install it:
>
> $ sudo port -t install p5-svn-notify
> --->  Fetching p5-svn-notify
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for p5-svn-notify
> --->  Extracting p5-svn-notify
> --->  Configuring p5-svn-notify
> Warning: Target configure has an undeclared dependency on p5-net-
> smtp_auth
> --->  Building p5-svn-notify with target all
> --->  Staging p5-svn-notify into destroot
> --->  Installing p5-svn-notify 2.65_0
> --->  Activating p5-svn-notify 2.65_0
> --->  Cleaning p5-svn-notify
> $

That's an artifact of how the perl build system and trace mode
interact (if you remove the smtp_auth module installed, svn-notify
would still build/test/install/work fine, but with it installed it
will allow that additional functionality)

--
Daniel J. Luke