New port for ruby-dbi with odbc support

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Fri May 4 01:11:57 PDT 2007

Hi Tim,

> There's two port files, rb-dbd-pg and db-dbd-mysql that currently
> just extend rb-dbi with a few configure args. They should probably
> use variants, but I digress. I've created another Portfile, in the
> spirit of these two, so you can install ruby-dbi with odbc support
> via macports, just like you can with mysql or postgres. It's a dead-
> simple Portfile.
>
> How can I get this added to the ports tree?

The most transparent way is to submit a ticket for the new port in
the requested format [1]; don't forget to enter the addresses in the
Cc field as described.  A committer will then check it and commit it
if they're happy with it.  As for rb-dbd-pg and rb-dbd-mysql, it'd be
great if you could file a ticket about those too so that the
maintainer(s) know about your suggestion.

> (feel free to point me to an FAQ... the macports site+docos are
> excruciating, have spent ages looking already)

There has been some discussion recently on macports-dev@ about our
documentation, but unfortunately none of us has gotten around to
doing some organised planning and work on it.  It'll be one of my
priorities when I get enough free time.

Thanks the new port!

Kind regards,

Maun Suang