python2.5 has wrong value for distutils.sysconfig.get_config_var("PYTHON")

Weissmann Markus mww at macports.org
Fri May 4 03:46:55 PDT 2007

On 2 May 2007, at 03:12, Blair Zajac wrote:

> David Glasser wrote:
>> On 5/1/07, Blair Zajac <blair at orcaware.com> wrote:
>>> Can you write a quick patch for the python2.5 Portfile to do what
>>> you're
>>> referring to here?
>> Working on it.  I've never been so good about understanding how to
>> test my own Portfiles though --- I mean, I know I can just put
>> Portfile in a random directory and type "port install", but how do I
>> make it forget completely about my version and upgrade to the "real"
>> version once my patch has been accepted by MacPorts?
>
> I use the port at the same revision number as the official port,
> then uninstall the current version, put my local port repository in
> $prefix/etc/ports/sources.conf as a file:/// before the rsync one,
> then use portindex.  When I'm happy, I submit it upstream with a
> bump in revision and move the port out of my local repository (say
> into a retired ports directory that MacPorts doesn't nsee), since
> it shadows the main one.
>
>> (About the issue itself: it looks like this actually requires
>> patching
>> the Makefile, since PYTHON is not actually a configure argument.
>> Ugh.)
>> (BTW Blair, this is to get David James' svn ctypes stuff working.)
>
> Cool.  That'll be nice to get in.

o.k. - I've just submitted revision 1 of python25 that includes a fix
for this - the PYTHON variable now points to @bindir@/python2.5 (e.
g. /opt/local/bin/python2.5).

Please let me know if this causes any troubles elsewhere and if it
fixes the ctypes problem (or if we need to patch more stuff)

salut,

-Markus

---
Markus W. Weissmann