New "file delete" implementation breaks ncurses

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue May 8 09:24:05 PDT 2007

On May 8, 2007, at 07:47, James Berry wrote:

> If I understand Guido's suggestion, the workaround is to the
> Portfile, not to trunk, right? Who wants to fix it?

Looks like you committed a fix already:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/changeset/24928

Why did that necessitate a revision bump, by the way? If I already
had ncurses successfully installed using a version of MacPorts where
delete works properly (<=1.4.3?), then there is no need for me to
install it again. And if I had a version of MacPorts with the new
"file delete" implementation (>1.4.3?), then wouldn't I have been
completely unable to install ncurses in the first place?