[24915] branches/release_1_4/base

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Tue May 8 10:32:57 PDT 2007

On May 8, 2007, at 1:11 AM, source_changes at macosforge.org wrote:
> Also, moving the IndexRegen.sh script to check out from the tags
> dir, thus keeping the checkout always in sync with the latest
> MacPorts release. NOTE to dluke: You should probably reinstall this
> script and bootstrap it again ;-)

This change won't actually work the way you want it to.

Currently, I manually move a copy of IndexRegen.sh into position to
actually run on my machine (as I don't particularly want anyone with
commit access to be able to run arbitrary shell scripts on my machine
(although it's probably a mute point as anyone with commit access
could modify any of the base/ code that gets executed just as easily)).

SVN_BASE_URL isn't actually used by the script for much more than
documentation, so changing it wont change where the checkout happens.

The script pulls from the latest release branch, and therefore
doesn't need intervention unless/until major releases (when I would
manually switch the repo to the later branch). Changing to a tag
would require manual intervention on my part for every release.

In fact, I would rather we went in the opposite direction, where
there was a 'current-release' branch that was used for the index regen.

--
Daniel J. Luke