[24915] branches/release_1_4/base

James Berry jberry at macports.org
Tue May 8 13:54:04 PDT 2007

On May 8, 2007, at 1:44 PM, Daniel J. Luke wrote:

> On May 8, 2007, at 4:40 PM, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:
>> 	Not sure what you mean by this.... what we just coincided on
>> above...? Or are you referring to some alternate approach?
>
> So, right now there are a bunch of tags for releases, and then
> branches for major releases. If there were yet-another branch that
> was always pointed to the current release, we could just point the
> script there.
>
> I don't want to make more work for someone else, though.

I'd love it if we just used the same approach as the rsync script
(http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/browser/trunk/base/
portmgr/mprsyncup) does: just checkout the RELEASE_URL file from
trunk, and use its contents as the url to checkout from. This way the
RELEASE_URL file is the only discriminator of what's current. Does
that work?

James