selfupdate is broken

Vincent Lefevre vincent-opdarw at vinc17.org
Thu May 10 17:00:20 PDT 2007

On 2007-05-10 17:41:57 -0500, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On May 10, 2007, at 09:44, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
[...]
>> file:///Users/vinc17/wd/macosx/dports
>> file:///Users/vinc17/software/dports
>> rsync://rsync.macports.org/dpupdate/dports
>>
>> But I use this for port installation only.
>
> According to the change notes, sync was intentionally changed to also
> update sources which are Subversion working copies. It's supposed to be a
> new feature, not a bug.
>
> Not sure why you need three ports trees... I get by just fine with just
> one.

file:///Users/vinc17/wd/macosx/dports is my private tree. Of course,
it must not be updated by selfupdate.

and historically (AFAIK):

file:///Users/vinc17/software/dports was the trunk.
rsync://rsync.macports.org/dpupdate/dports was stable.

In fact, I want the development tree for the ports, and something stable
for MacPorts itself. But I don't know if the above is still valid.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>