selfupdate is broken

Kevin Ballard eridius at macports.org
Tue May 15 12:20:59 PDT 2007

Blair, when I made the change it searched PATH for svn and ran that.
I think it was jberry who added a ./configure directive to hardcode
the path at configuration time, however if it can't find that path I
believe it still falls back on searching PATH for it. The only reason
it should fail to find svn for you is if you do not, in fact, have an
svn binary in your path.

I'm not sure what your `/usr/bin/true /tmp/svn` line was supposed to
do. /usr/bin/true simply returns 0 and ignores arguments.

Here's a possible solution - in $prefix/etc/ports/sources.conf, we
could have a [nosync] directive after a source to tell dportsync not
to sync it. Would that work for you?

--
Kevin Ballard
http://kevin.sb.org