email address anti-spam encoding in portfiles

James Berry jberry at macports.org
Tue May 15 18:25:20 PDT 2007

I thought I'd run by everybody the novel concept of anti-spam
encoding email addresses in portfiles. For all other cases we could
obfuscate the address, but with Portfiles we're sortof stuck, since
we need to be able to make these available in raw form in various
places (svn, mpwa, etc).

What if we adopt the convention in the maintainer field of using user/
domain instead of user at domain. I have a feeling the spambots won't
find that, and it's pretty easy to recognize as a user (or to
reconstitute as  a machine).

So to be completely clear, I propose that we would encode my email
address (jberry at macports.org) as jberry/macports.org

Feedback?

James