selfupdate is broken

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Wed May 16 00:00:32 PDT 2007

On May 15, 2007, at 3:20 PM, Kevin Ballard wrote:

> Blair, when I made the change it searched PATH for svn and ran
> that. I think it was jberry who added a ./configure directive to
> hardcode the path at configuration time, however if it can't find
> that path I believe it still falls back on searching PATH for it.

	This is essentially what the findBinary proc I wrote for (darwin|mac)
ports1.0 in my dp2mp-move branch does: it searches an autoconf module
for the path to a binary and falls back on the PATH if it doesn't
find it there. That functionality is not yet in trunk, however, the
whole branch is still in testing (though approaching rc status as of
the last days). My approach will not correct Blair's situation
either, though, since the svn program is neither in the
autoconfiscated location nor anywhere in the path (the port is
deactivated). In that case, a nosync flag is the only viable solution
I can see, other than removing the syncing file sources feature
entirely (or commenting out the source while the sync takes place...
or.. any other way of manually avoiding to sync the source in question).

-jmpp