[25283] trunk/base/src

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu May 17 01:58:47 PDT 2007

On May 16, 2007, at 23:57, James Berry wrote:

> On May 16, 2007, at 9:44 PM, source_changes at macosforge.org wrote:
>
>> Revision 25283 Author jberry at macports.org Date 2007-05-16 21:44:07
>> -0700 (Wed, 16 May 2007) Log MessageRemove workdir variable. *
>> Placement of the work symlink in the portdir is now optional based
>> on the place_worksymlink key in ports.conf. This defaults to yes.
>> * New command Can't map the URL 'file://.' to a port description
>> file ("Could not find Portfile in /Users/jberry/Projects/macports/
>> trunk/base/src"). Please verify that the directory and portfile
>> syntax are correct. To use the current port, you must be in a
>> port's directory. (you might also see this message if a pseudo-
>> port such as
>
> This should have read "New command 'port work' prints the path to
> the workdir, if there is one."
>
> I was foiled by command expansion inside of my svn -m.

I corrected your log message in the repository.

I'm a little concerned that I was allowed to do this. Is every
committer really allowed to change any other committer's log
messages? At the very least, an email should be sent to the changes
list when revision properties are altered. Unfortunately, I cannot
find any indication that svnnotify will do this. Other notification
scripts, like commit-email.pl, will.

>> outdated or installed expands to no ports). prints the path to the
>> workdir, if there is one. These changes make it possible to have a
>> port repository that is entirely readonly and not written to
>> during build, etc. Note that by keeping place_worksymlink at its
>> default value of yes, no behavior should be changed for the user/
>> developer. (until we decide to default this to no ;). There exists
>> about three ports that use workdir, and these will need to be
>> modified to use workpath instead.

Looks like ten ports are affected:

$ grep '{workdir}' */*/Portfile | cut -d ':' -f 1 | uniq
aqua/AssignmentTrackerX/Portfile
aqua/Lingon/Portfile
aqua/MorsX/Portfile
aqua/Smultron/Portfile