zsh-devel +mp_completion variant thougts

N_Ox n.oxyde at gmail.com
Sat May 19 06:40:48 PDT 2007

Hello,

I've just taken over zsh-devel port and one thing seems idiot to me:
What if there is a macports update and that i want to update the
autocompletion port command file?
I'd have to do a new zsh-devel revision, and everybody would have to
rebuild it just for this tiny update.

So here's my proposal:
Shouldn't we make a new "macports" category, with all of those files
which do belong to other ports, but are
macports specific? I think there are other ports like zsh out there
which add files like that.

So in the end, we would have zsh-devel without the mp_completion
variant, and another port named
macports/zsh-completion which would depend on path:${prefix}/bin/
zsh:zsh. Nice, isn't it?

My two cents,
N_Ox.