UPDATE: take maintainership of sysutils/duplicity

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun May 27 00:13:03 PDT 2007

On May 26, 2007, at 16:05, Adam Mercer wrote:

> Just tried submitting a ticket for this but when I try to log onto
> Trac I get the following error:
>
> Login to trac failed! Message was "".

Other users reported that a day or two ago and it's being
investigated by the admins.

> Anyway heres a patch that adds me as the maintainer to
> sysutils/duplicity port, could someone with commit access take a look
> at this and commit it to SVN?

It looks like you've done at least three things in that diff:

1. you've changed the maintainer
2. you've added checksums
3. you've reformatted the entire portfile
4. maybe something else; hard to tell because of 3.

I don't like patches that do all these things at once. Especially
whitespace/reformatting changes should be done by themselves, without
any changes to the substance of the portfile, otherwise it's very
difficult for others to later determine what substantial changes
occurred in any given revision.

I made you the maintainer and added the checksums in r25624:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/changeset/25624

If you want to submit another patch that just reformats the port or
just makes other substantive changes, I can commit that too.