problem compiling libsdl

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun May 27 13:13:21 PDT 2007

On May 27, 2007, at 12:02, Antoine wrote:

> Le 26 mai 07 à 20:49, Ryan Schmidt a écrit :
>
>> On May 26, 2007, at 11:09, Antoine wrote:
>>
>>> I have a failure when trying to compile libsdl:
>>>
>>> $ sudo port install libsdl
>>> --->  Building libsdl with target all
>>> Error: Target com.apple.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/
>>> local/var/db/dports/build/
>>> _opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdat
>>> e_dports_devel_libsdl/work/SDL-1.2.11" && make all " returned
>>> error 2
>>> Command output: ./include/SDL_opengl.h:6527: error: parse error
>>> before 'n'
>>> ./include/SDL_opengl.h:6528: error: parse error before '*' token
>>> ./include/SDL_opengl.h:6528: error: parse error before 'target'
>>> ./include/SDL_opengl.h:6528: error: 'GLenum' declared as function
>>> returning a function
>>> ./include/SDL_opengl.h:6542: error: parse error before 'len'
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> libsdl installs just fine for me on a MacBook Pro with Mac OS X
>> 10.4.9, Xcode 2.4.1 and MacPorts 1.4.42. What computer, OS
>> version, Xcode version and MacPorts version do you have? If your
>> software is out of date, update it and try again.
>
> In fact I had to install some SDK I didn't install the first time:
> OpenGL SDK, CoreAudio SDK, QuickTime SDK...
>
> It works now :)

Antoine, I'm glad you got this to work. I'm bringing your reply to
the developers mailing list now, since we've solved the "user"
question and I'm now bringing up "developer" ones.

Ok, so maybe the libsdl port should be updated to detect the absence
of those SDKs.... Otherwise someone else is just going to run into
the same problem down the road by which time we will have forgotten
this solution.... Would somebody like to volunteer to patch the
portfile?

Could there also be other ports that have a similar problem? Maybe we
need a MacPorts-global solution instead of a libsdl-specific one. Off
the top of my head, this syntax is nice:

depends_lib sdk:coreaudio

Or MacPorts could just require all those SDKs to be installed always.