[30677] trunk/dports/security/authforce

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Nov 4 13:41:34 PST 2007

On Nov 4, 2007, at 03:22, Anders F Björklund wrote:

> Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>>> +
>>> +patchfiles  patch-http.c
>>> +
>>
>> FYI: The patchfile should be named "patch-http.c.diff". "port
>> lint" has some other recommendations for this portfile as well:
>
> Is there any kind of consensus for making BSD-style patch naming
> illegal in Portfiles ?

By "BSD-style patch naming" I assume you mean omitting ".diff" from
the end of the name?

I did bring this up before; here is the thread:

http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-dev/2007-October/
003139.html

In follow-ups, nox and jmpp agreed that using ".diff" at the end of
the filename is a good idea. Therefore, "port lint" recommends this.

The new guide has not yet been updated recommend using ".diff" at the
end of patchfile names, and the examples there still don't. The guide
should be updated.