[30677] trunk/dports/security/authforce

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Mon Nov 5 22:13:43 PST 2007

On Nov 4, 2007, at 6:29 PM, Anders F Björklund wrote:

> Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> In follow-ups, nox and jmpp agreed that using ".diff" at the end
>> of the filename is a good idea. Therefore, "port lint" recommends
>> this.
>
> Right, and in follow-ups I didn't... But it's not _that_ important
> to me, as I'm really not used to either tradition but have normally
> been using -p1 patches instead in RPM. (named something like
> foo-1.2.3-bar.patch) So if it is now required, then so be it I
> suppose. :-P

	It's not required, but rather advised ;-) The "patch" message is
already conveyed by the "patch-*" part in the suggested file name,
and the .diff extension helps some editors handle the file better.
Overall, it's a simple thing that does not warrant too much bikeshed,
though consistency is a good thing.

	Regards,...

-jmpp