[30750] trunk/www/includes/common.inc

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Tue Nov 6 11:08:58 PST 2007

On Nov 6, 2007, at 2:58 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> (Ryan, any reason why you orginally suggested "'(...) charset=' .
>> $encoding" rather than plain "'(...) charset=$encoding'"?)
>
> My personal PHP code style is to avoid putting variables inside
> double-quoted strings. In fact I try to avoid double-quoted strings
> in general, favoring single-quoted strings where possible. But feel
> free to use whatever style gives you the most joy. :)

	I see. The current state of trunk/www (except for legacy/ and
localized/, which we're not using) is a mixture of single and double
quoted strings; if you have a chance, could you please cd into that
dir and straighten the mess out? You are a much more PHP experienced
programmer than I am, hands down, so I'll happily follow your advice
(I did try to standardize on single quotes a while ago, but left some
double ones behind where they probably don't need to exist).

	Regards,...

-jmpp