[30735] trunk/doc-new/man/xml/portfile-phase.7.xml

markd at macports.org markd at macports.org
Wed Nov 7 18:29:17 PST 2007

Weissmann Markus <mww at macports.org> writes:
>I've just added a way to automatically set the number of build jobs
>(if desired):
>If the number of build jobs is set to "0" (in the config file), the
>number of jobs is set to the number of cores.
>
>This works only on Mac OS X (and FreeBSD -- though untested).

I pasted the raw text from my latest doc update on "use_parallel_build".
Is this accurate?

use_parallel_build

This keyword is for specifying whether or not it is safe for a port to use
multiple cpus or multiple cores in parallel during its build phase. This
keyword passes the -j [jobs] option to make, where jobs is obtained from
the variable buildmakejobs in macports.conf. This variable may also be set
to 0 so the number of jobs is set to the number of cores detected during
the build phase.

Mark