Is there a license on patches

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Mon Nov 12 10:23:26 PST 2007

On Nov 12, 2007, at 3:13 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Nov 12, 2007, at 00:36, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:
>
>> Is this something we can make explicit anywhere in any way? I
>> recently wrote the following in the base/HACKING file:
>
> I thought the decision was to not have a HACKING file and to instead
> have everything in the web documentation?

	Yeah, sure! But documentation guys already have their plates full
with man pages and guide, don't want to ask them to start collecting
all these miscellaneous files just yet (base/
{HACKING,LICENSE,README,porgtmgr/ReleaseProcess,doc/INTERNALS,doc/
TODO.txt} and others). But it surely is our goal to remove them and
have all documentation consolidated in a single place, eventually; in
the mean time we need to fill the void somehow ;-)

	It is my opinion, though, that even after we collect them into trunk/
doc or whatever, we should still keep them around as placeholders with
nothing more but links pointing readers to the new location of the
information.

	Regards,....

-jmpp