Your MacPorts ports need some love: the "cd" command is going away

Ernest Prabhakar ernest.prabhakar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 14:52:22 PST 2007

Hi Ryan,

Apology for a stupid question, but I can't get your script to run:

On Nov 12, 2007, at 1:37 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> To see everywhere in your ports where the "cd" command is currently
> being used, you can use a command like this in the Terminal
> (replacing "EMAIL" with your maintainer email address (to which this
> email was sent)):
>
> port file maintainer:EMAIL \
> | xargs grep "[[:space:]]cd[[:space:]]" \
> | grep -v "system[[:space:]]"

Am I doing something wrong? This is on Leopard with a fresh install of
1.5.0

-enp

ernest$ port file maintainer:drernie at macosforge.org

Can't map the URL 'file://.' to a port description file ("Could not
find Portfile in /Users/ernest").
Please verify that the directory and portfile syntax are correct.
To use the current port, you must be in a port's directory.
(you might also see this message if a pseudo-port such as
outdated or installed expands to no ports).
Error: Port  not found