[31067] added net/nss port

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Nov 16 01:11:37 PST 2007

On Nov 16, 2007, at 02:29, Thomas Reifferscheid wrote:

> Dear Ryan, Saispo, macports-dev-list,
>
> attached is a patch containing all the recommended changes.
> Thanks for your help.

I made some revisions; attached is the patch I would like to commit.
Is it ok with you?

Here's the commit message I would use:

=====
nss:

* no longer hardcode /opt/local; use the current ${prefix}
* automatically use the current version in master_sites
* remove unused checksums
* fix case of patchfile name for case-sensitive filesystems
* "use_configure no" is preferred over "configure {}"
* add whitespace recommended by port lint
=====

I removed the checksums for the patchfiles, because MacPorts does not
check checksums of patchfiles that are included in the ports tree. It
only checks checksums of files downloaded from master_sites. You may
notice this if you use "sudo port -dv checksum".

I noted you fixed the case of the patchfile in the checksums section
but not the patchfiles section. I fixed it in the patchfiles section.
Although it will work with the wrong case on most Macs, which have
case-insensitive HFS filesystems, some users may choose to use case-
sensitive HFS filesystems, or even case-sensitive UFS filesystems,
and for those users, the port would fail.