1.6.0 rc2 created (Was Re: [31193] branches/release_1_6/base/src)

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Sun Nov 18 02:47:11 PST 2007

Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:

> 	And while we're at it, I just created an rc2 tag for 1.6.0, differing
> from rc1 only in James' turning readline support into an optional
> configuration (r31139-31139 and merged into the release_1_6 branch in
> r31190) and in the Tcl cd command hiding reversion thing (r31193 only
> in the release_1_6 branch). Every developer/committer should reinstall
> MacPorts off this tag and test as extensively as possible!

The HACKING file is still present, and the README file is still
missing... ?

Not sure if you wanted
http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/13141
to be in 1.6, or just
http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/12779

Checking Xcode version,
http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/12794,
is present on compile time but there are no warnings for binaries or
upgrades.

Maybe look into http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/8401
and reopen
http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/13145 as well
(preflight stuff)

I probably won't be updating MP 1.6 to RPM 4.5 and Python 2.5 for the
rpm packaging
targets/ports, as I had originally intended. (It'll still use RPM 4.4 /
Python 2.4)

Will make a "MacPorts-1.6.0RC2.tar.b2" tarball for testing other
platforms tonight.

--anders