Change in commit mails format

Vincent Lefevre vincent-opdarw at vinc17.org
Mon Nov 19 15:19:59 PST 2007

On 2007-11-19 19:00:45 -0400, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:
> 	What difference does it make to impose a "Reply-To" header at
> the post-commit hook level or at the mailing list level? The overall
> effect is the same.

Well, this was a general rule. If someone (who is not the post-commit
hook) sends a message to the mailing-list, I think this should be
treated as a normal mailing-list message and should not have a
"Reply-To:" (except the possible one added by the user). And in
some cases, the post-commit hook may have more information than
the mailing-list manager to decide what should go to the Reply-To.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>