unexpected error from port variant when port is not found

Adam Mercer ram at macports.org
Tue Nov 20 11:38:08 PST 2007

Hi

I was just looking at the available variants for a port, I mistyped
the name of the port and received the following error message:

$ port variants misspelled_port
No port misspelled_port found.
can't read "portinfo(porturl)": no such element in array
    while executing
"set porturl $portinfo(porturl)"
    ("uplevel" body line 15)
    invoked from within
"uplevel 1 $block"
    (procedure "foreachport" line 16)
    invoked from within
"foreachport $portlist {
        # search for port
        if {[catch {mportsearch $portname no exact} result]} {
            global errorInfo
        ..."
    (procedure "action_variants" line 4)
    invoked from within
"$action_proc $action $portlist [array get global_options]"
    (procedure "process_cmd" line 60)
    invoked from within
"process_cmd $remaining_args"
    invoked from within
"if { [llength $remaining_args] > 0 } {

    # If there are remaining arguments, process those as a command

    # Exit immediately, by default, unless..."
    (file "/opt/local/bin/port" line 2651)
$

I would expect the initial error of "No port misspelled_port found",
but not the rest. This is with base from the top of the release_1_6
branch.  Is this the expected behaviour?

Cheers

Adam