Trac emails -- how to stop getting them

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Tue Nov 20 13:14:53 PST 2007

On Nov 20, 2007, at 12:55 AM, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:
>>> That's Trac's "notify updaters" feature in action, with which
>>> anyone who's ever "updated" a ticket gets, hhhhmmmmm, notified ;-)
>>
>> I figured as much. And it can be a nice feature, and it can even be
>> the expected behavior in many cases. But I think it's not the best
>> behavior in all cases.
>>
>>> I could ask Bill to turn it off for us if it turns out to be too
>>> much of a nuisance and there's strong demand against it, but the
>>> one unfortunate thing is that all of Apple is off this entire week
>>> for thanksgiving! Maybe we could take this time then to poll...?

Perhaps turning off always_notify_updater is OK (since we have
always_notify_reporter and always_notify_owner on ... and interested
parties can add themselves to the cc list).0

>> I don't suppose there's any way for this to be a per-user setting?
>> Default to on so that casual MacPorts users commenting on tickets
>> will get responses. Settable to off for ticket cleaners like me and
>> Anthony who touch tons of tickets just to get them assigned to the
>> right places but who don't want to be bombarded with tons of follow-
>> ups.
>
> 	Now that's a good question, but I'm afraid to tell you that I have
> no idea. Maybe Daniel can shed some light?

It's not a feature available for the current trac release (but it is
planned, and maybe already implemented by the developers).

--
Daniel J. Luke