1.6.0 sometime late next week

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Thu Nov 22 11:31:18 PST 2007

	Some changes have been made to the release_1_6 branch since rc2 was
tagged, but none that affects any structural behavior of our sources
and as such risks the introduction of new bugs. Therefore I think we
should be good to go with branches/release_1_6 ToT (plus any small
modifications that might be made to trunk, like my work on
PortIndex2MySQL) for release of 1.6.0 sometime late next week, as I
manage to coordinate with Bill to replace the old website and roll
live the new one.

	Nothing has been reported against 1.6.0-rc2, as far as I've been able
to see (please do correct me if I'm wrong), so I think this is a good
schedule; I'd do it sooner, but I'm a bit short of time at the moment.
Speak up if you have any concerns.

	Regards,...

-jmpp