1.6.0 sometime late next week

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Thu Nov 22 11:44:21 PST 2007

On Nov 22, 2007, at 3:33 PM, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:

> On Nov 22, 2007, at 3:31 PM, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:
>

>> 	Some changes have been made to the release_1_6 branch since rc2
>> was tagged, but none that affects any structural behavior of our
>> sources and as such risks the introduction of new bugs. Therefore I
>> think we should be good to go with branches/release_1_6 ToT (plus
>> any small modifications that might be made to trunk, like my work
>> on PortIndex2MySQL) for release of 1.6.0 sometime late next week,
>> as I manage to coordinate with Bill to replace the old website and
>> roll live the new one.
>>
>> 	Nothing has been reported against 1.6.0-rc2, as far as I've been
>> able to see (please do correct me if I'm wrong), so I think this is
>> a good schedule; I'd do it sooner, but I'm a bit short of time at
>> the moment. Speak up if you have any concerns.
>>
>> 	Regards,...
>>

>> -jmpp
>

> 	Forgot to say: I'll of course be addressing in the coming days the
> outstanding issues that were raised in the rc2 thread a couple of
> days ago.

	Another thing I forgot to say: I don't currently have a Panther
machine I can use, so I don't see it as likely that I'll be building a
dmg for OS (and, for that matter, I don't have a Tiger one at the
moment either, but I'm more than sure that'll be much simpler to come
by).

	So if anyone has a Panther box, has an interest for a dmg for that
platform and feels like lending a hand, please do coordinate with me
to put together that dmg. Chris, you still have your Panther box?

	If we don't come by one I'll simply remove mention of it from the new
website and will tell stragglers that we simply don't have the
resources to produce it.

	Regards,...

-jmpp