Small bug in ports.php

Chris Pickel sfiera at macports.org
Sat Nov 24 08:42:14 PST 2007

On 24 Nov, 2007, at 5:58, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> I believe I fixed it in r31443. I did not test it locally because I
> haven't looked into what's required to set up a local installation
> of the web site. But it's a very simple change and I believe it's
> correct. If there's a document telling me what to do to set up a
> local installation of the site, please let me know. I already have
> apache2, php5 and mysql5 installed and have no trouble administering
> them so as long as I just have to install a database and user that's
> no trouble.
>
>> 	That bug might also affect the categories.
>
> Ports with multiple categories look fine.

Indeed you did [1]. However, I'm now noticing that the order of those
maintainers and categories is wrong. Do we not enforce any ordering in
the SELECT statement? I don't believe MySQL guarantees any.

[1] http://macports.sfiera.net/ports.php?by=name&substr=gnutls

As for setting up a mirror of the website, it seems to have gotten
much more complex to get the PortIndex2MySQL script working than it
was when I set up my mirror. Maybe jmpp can enlighten us as to how to
get /opt/local/share/macports/resources/portmgr to be created?

However, the question makes me think: once the MacPorts website is
moved over, we want to remove the "not official" notice. However,
there's still a use for mirrors, for testing purposes. So, perhaps we
should add an additional warning if !preg_match('(www.)?macports.org',
$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']) to the effect of "this is a mirror and may not
contain up-to-date information".

Regards,

Chris