Small bug in ports.php

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Sun Nov 25 18:35:07 PST 2007

On Nov 25, 2007, at 2:33 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> PortIndex2MySQL: PortIndex2MySQL.tcl
>>        ${edit} $< > $@
>
> Adding
>
> 	chmod 755 $@
>
> after that line seems to work.

	Thanks for that hint, I'll give it a try.

>> 	The script needs to refresh the ports tree in order to regen the
>> db with up-to-date information, so a 'sync' operation fits the
>> bill... and while at it, I thought why not go all the way and
>> simply call out to "selfupdate" ;-). Depending on your setup, yes,
>> you might need root powers to do that (either sync and/or
>> selfupdate).
>
> My feeling is that this is "PortIndex2MySQL". It's not
> "SelfUpdateThenPortIndex2MySQL". Especially on my local machine,
> where I just want any information about the ports in MySQL and don't
> care if it's up to date because I'm just testing the web site code,
> I don't want to be forced to sync or selfupdate every time,
> especially because that requires root (on my setup and I expect on
> most others), and a MySQL import script should not require root.
> I'll comment out the selfupdate step locally for now.

	The best route in that case is definitely to comment out selfupdate
(or the equivalent sync), which is indeed what I do when I test the
script over and over. But understand that on the website the ports
information has to be always up to date, so, again, a sync operation
fits the bill.

>> 	The most recent version of the script in svn is using localhost,
>> DuBois has taught me well so I changed that a while ago ;-) You
>> must be using an outdated version.
>
> Gah! I was on the release_1_6 branch. :)

	Yeah, I've been working on in on trunk and therefore what's in
release_1_6 now is out of date. I'll be remerging soon.

	Regards,...

-jmpp