how does one change the main fields of a ticket

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Tue Nov 27 23:51:45 PST 2007

On Nov 27, 2007, at 3:40 AM, Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:

> I'ld like to add the maintainer to the Cc field of a ticket (#13399)
> I've filed. How do I do that after having submitted the ticket ?

	Unfortunately this is currently not possible if you're not a project
committer, we have a restricted set of Trac permissions and are
currently looking into a sensible way to extend them to be more
flexible but remain safe at the same time (Trac's default is more or
less binary, permission to modify almost the entire ticket -- not
something we want to open up to just anyone -- or permission to modify
almost nothing of it).

	Unfortunately number two, it may take a while for this intermediary
solution to be put into practice, as our Mac OS Forge host is
currently working hard to maximize the services we now have, and
extensions like these are naturally deferred. I'll certainly keep
everyone informed as we progress on this field.

	In the mean time, asking here for assistance is surely a quick way to
get things done. Sorry for this lame status quo.... ;-) Is there any
reason why assigning the ticket directly to the maintainer does not
work? If you're pointing out that the maintainers list is currently
very short (and not encompassing all our maintainers), that's also
another issue we're looking into.

	Regards,...

-jmpp

PS: I am far too asleep over my computer and in the middle of my reply
came to think your request was adding yourself to the Cc field of
ticket #13399, so I added you... Only to realize you're the reporter,
so I removed you from Cc ;-) Sorry for the spam mail you'll probably
get!