[29593] trunk/www (install.php)

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Tue Oct 2 00:49:11 PDT 2007

> Log Message
>  * Rename the getmp.php page to a better suited install.php, update
> references;
>  * Provide extra information in the new install.php, which I believe
> should be
>  somewhat merged with the new guide efforts (next to be discussed on
> macports-dev@).
>
> Modified Paths
> 	• 	trunk/www/includes/header.inc
> 	• 	trunk/www/index.php
>
> Added Paths
> 	• 	trunk/www/install.php
>
> Removed Paths
> 	• 	trunk/www/getmp.php

The System Requirements of MacPorts needs to be explained better on
this page.
(it also needs a Don't Panic button in nice friendly letters up at the
top :) )

It needs to say what versions of Mac OS X that Panther and Tiger
represent...
Probably "Mac OS X 10.3.9" and "Mac OS X 10.4.10" to make sure they're
updated.

Additionally it needs to mention Jaguar and earlier, as well as
(Open)Darwin OS ?
Something like "previously it also supported older versions", or "now
unsupported"

BTW:
The binary packages for FreeBSD and Fedora are operational, so I might
add those
as part of the "experimental support" for those two operating system
platforms...

Both the BSD Makefile and RPM Specfile are rather small, so they could
probably
go in the "portmgr" directory directly - instead of being a separate
download.

Should work OK with FreeBSD 6.2 and Fedora Core 5+ / Red Hat Enterprise
Linux 5,
as well as with the FreeBSD "CURRENT" and Fedora "Rawhide" development
versions.

--anders