Split Trunk

Michael Wild themiwi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 23:37:53 PDT 2007

Ryan Schmidt wrote:
[snip]

 > Half of our portfiles (2139 of 4300) are currently unmaintained. Even
 > ports that are maintained are not necessarily working properly. How
 > could we in good conscience even declare that the current port
 > collection is "stable"? How would dividing our efforts between stable
 > and unstable branches help us to improve our ports collection faster
 > than we do now?

[snip]

I'd gladly volunteer to take some. I think that it would make sense to
assign the ports by priority: Important ones first. However, as I'm
relatively new to MacPorts I don't know which ports are considered to be
important (or very popular). Any suggestions? How would I go about
"adopting" an unmaintained port?

Michael