r 29606: python25

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Thu Oct 4 15:00:40 PDT 2007

N_Ox wrote:
> Le 4 oct. 07 à 12:26, Jyrki Wahlstedt a écrit :
>
>> This was committed:
>> r29606 | nox at macports.org | 2007-10-02 23:59:41 +0300 (Ti, 02 Lok
>> 2007) | 8 lines
>>
>> python25 (closes #12803):
>>  * Added dynamic library build.
>>  * Added gettext dependency (for the _locale core module).
>>  * Fixed the "_environ not defined" bug.
>>  * Reworked post-destroot stage to use `move` instead of `system cd mv`.
>>  * Added md5 checksum.
>>  * Rewritten livecheck.regex to something cooler.
>>
>> Ok, this seems to work as advertised, but if, as I did, one drops
>> disable-framework (to do the framework install that is really needed),
>> the result is this:
>> libtool -o libpython2.5.dylib -dynamic  \
>>         -all_load libpython2.5.a -single_module \
>>         -install_name
>> /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/libpython2.5.dylib
>> \
>>         -compatibility_version 2.5 \
>>         -current_version 2.5 -lSystem -lSystemStubs -L/opt/local/lib
>> /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -L/opt/local/lib -u _PyMac_Error
>> Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Python -o python.exe \
>>                 Modules/python.o \
>>                 -L. -lpython2.5 -ldl
>> i686-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1: Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Python: No
>> such file or directory
>> make: *** [python.exe] Error 1
>>

> What is the framework install really needed?

As a general note, having a framework install of Python 2.5 is important, as
right now you're stuck on 2.4 for any PyQt apps or anything else that needs a
window.

It also should be possible to have a framework Python 2.4 and framework Python
2.5 installed at the same time, so I suggest having them install in two totally
different different locations, such as

$prefix/Library/Frameworks (for 2.4)

and

$prefix/Library/Frameworks-Python2.5

otherwise the version

$prefix/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current

can't point to either framework.

Blair

--
Blair Zajac, Ph.D.