Split Trunk

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Fri Oct 5 13:04:53 PDT 2007

> Yeah, a regular user should only see the need for using a single
> tree, the one we would serve up by default ("release"), unless very
> specific needs drove him/her some secondary tree for whatever
> reason (e.g., a MacPorts developers wanting to test with real life
> Portfiles a new feature that hasn't been released ;-)

There's nothing that stops macports developers from having their own
trees where they test new features that they're working on.

Having another port tree in the repo doesn't help us get more testing
if we're not pushing users to it somehow (and I don't know how that
would work since we'd also be pushing them to run on pre-release base/)

--
Daniel J. Luke