cups-headers on Panther

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Sun Oct 7 15:54:46 PDT 2007

On 04/10/2007, at 23:47, N_Ox wrote:

> Could someone still running MP on a Panther box test the patch from
> ticket #12768?

Finally I get to test something on the second-hand dual G5 PowerMac I
bought specifically for this :P

On said PowerMac running 10.3.9 and XCode 1.5 with the November 2004
GCC update, your patch from #12768 installed fine, and both
libgnomecups and gtk2, which state dependence on cups-headers, built
and installed fine.  Note, however, that I don't have any printers to
connect to to test how well this works with end-user apps (and I
haven't found a GTK or Gnome app that would be useful to me, though
I'll happily take suggestions).  I also noted from the debug output
that neither libgnomecups nor gtk2 called the cups-config executable
for information on how to link.

If it's of any use to anyone, I'll attach to the ticket the output
from cups-config when called with all the possible command-line
options except help.

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--